Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Monday, April 17, 2006

It was an Indiana Jones type day...


As anyone who has seen the movie Groundhog Day knows the main character relives the same day over and over again. Well, that's how my day seemed to go. I substituted for the high school math teacher today, and her lesson plans were to watch a movie. Well, she only had 2 movies to choose from and I didn't feel like watching Robo Cop. I chose Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Now, I truly enjoy the Indiana Jones movies. However, today in all 4 of the classes I showed it in, we watched the begining and got to about the same point in the movie all 4 classes. By the end of the day, I felt I could recite the first half of the movie word for word. I got to where I just zoned the movie out and finished the entire National Geographic magazine I had brought with me to read today. I'll close with my favorite quote from the movie:

Sallah: Please, what does it always mean, this... this "Junior"?
Professor Henry Jones: That's his name. [points to himself]
Professor Henry Jones: Henry Jones... [points to Indy]
Professor Henry Jones: ... Junior.
Indiana Jones: I like "Indiana."
Professor Henry Jones: We named the *dog* Indiana.
Marcus Brody: May we go home now, please?
Sallah: The dog? You are named after the dog?
Indiana Jones: I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home