Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fixing Fence today


This morning was an early morning. Since we knew it was going to get hot today, my grandmother and I got up early to fix the electric fence. The cows have started riding the fence and sticking their heads under it to get at the green grass on the other side. To stop them from completely destroying the fence, we are re-wiring an electric fence to keep them out. Hopefully after getting zapped a time or two, they will leave the fence alone. We worked hard until 10 and then got cleaned up to go to town. We did a little shopping and picked up a cousin who is staying a few days with us. We all were completely wiped out by the time we got home.

Before we left for town, I had a major bug infestation in my room. The termites decided to come out and play in full force. I would estimate they were over 100 strong. We sprayed some bug killer on them, but I was left with a mess in my room. After we got back from town, I stripped my bedding, wiped off my desk, vacuumed up termite carcasses, and sprayed the baseboards and window again to keep them from coming back. I don't want to wake up in the middle of night covered in termites. I finished my evening watching a Disney channel movie with my cousin about 2 sisters trying to save the family dairy. It wasn't a bad movie. I think the name was Cow Bells.

2 Comments:

Blogger puckbuff13 said...

You have an electic fence?!?!?! I thought that was just a joke like those cows on the Far Side cartoons?!?!? Oh how I would hate the farm life...

10:52 PM  
Blogger dolphinsue said...

Nope, not a joke. We put it up to keep the cows from tearing down the fence. After they figure out they'll get shocked if they touch the fence, they won't do it anymore. It's hard enough keeping ahead of the fencing without worrying about the cows destroying it.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home