Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wading thru the Poison Ivy


Today I was supposed to be with the preschoolers again, but the substitute that was coming in for a sixth grade class didn't show, so I spent my day with sixth graders. Suprisingly, they weren't that bad. When I was in high school I was a teacher's aide for the sixth grade, and those kids were mouthy and horrible. This gave me the impression that kids at that age are like that, so I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't have any problems with these kids. I had to teach them how to use the interest formula i = p x r x t, so hopefully I didn't screw them up on that. There is a reason I became a history major and not a math major in college. After I got home, I spent the rest of the evening raking leaves, and mixed in with those leaves was a whole mess of poison ivy. Well, I'm deathly allergic to poison ivy, so I didn't touch it or stand in the smoke after I burnt the leaves. Hopefully this will keep me from getting it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home