Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fun in the sun ... or not


Today was a gorgeous day, with sun shining and a light breeze for most of the day. I spent my morning at a youth soccer game. I think most of the players were 11 or 12, with a few younger ones mixed in. It's also a co-ed team, with some girls that are more aggressive than the boys about kicking that soccer ball. It was a good game, and the team I was rooting for won. I think I enjoy watching soccer more than any other sport. The rest of the day was spent raking and burning leaves, since it's going to rain tonight and there was no wind to fight against. I decided that I wanted to get a little sun, so I put some shorts and a tank top on. Since I'm fair skinned and burn easily, I should know better than to go out without sun block on, but I didn't put any on. Boy am I paying for that now. I'm pretty sure that my sunburn has gone from pink to crimson. To get the sting out I even doused myself with vinegar and then lathered myself with lotion laced with aloe vera. I'm sure that by tomorrow I'll be even redder and more sore. Maybe this will teach me to wear sun block next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home