Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Welcome to the world of sixth graders


This week I have spent everyday in the elementary substituting for various teachers. Today I was back with the sixth grade class I was with on Tues. I don't know if they just got used to me, or if they were more hyper than normal, but they were sure noisy. They are a good group of kids, but they make me realize that I never want to be a sixth grade teacher. There is just too much drama with that age group. They are constantly worrying about looks and boyfriends/girlfriends. I am so glad I am not that age, and would not want to be that age ever again. They all have their little groups that they belong to, and I just don't miss those days. Today I had to teach a worksheet about the stockmarket, and what happens when the prices go up or down. It took a while for them to get it, but I think they finally did. I don't remember ever having to do stuff like that in 6th grade. Tonight was a lazy night, so all I really did was watch tv. I did manage to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I love to cook, and chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. There is nothing better than eating one fresh out of the oven. I taped The O.C., so I'm sure I'll have something to say about that tomorrow night. We are in for another round of severe weather, so hopefully no tornadoes will touch down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home