Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Coloring Easter Eggs


Today started out like yesterday. My grandmother and I worked on the electric fence, while my cousin played and was our gopher. We are pretty close to being done, thank goodness. We stopped around 10, because it was getting warm, and my cousin and I had an appointment with my other cousin to color Easter eggs. We picked out the coloring yesterday, and I didn't realize how many types of dye were now available. When I was little, the only thing available was the type of tablets you drop in vinegar and then somehow have to figure out how to keep your egg on the weak metal egg dipper without dropping and cracking the egg. How times have changed. I think there were at least 10 different types of coloring. We finally decided on speckle and marble coloring. We had a fun time coloring eggs, and came up with some interesting color combinations, like green and pink, purple and pink, yellow and pink, and the list goes on. There were even some eggs with all the available coloring on them. We only had three casualties that fell in the floor due to slippery fingers. It brought back childhood memories of coloring eggs with my little brother. You're never too old to color Easter eggs. I spent the evening watching The O.C. with my mom. I don't know what we're going to do when she's finished with season 2 and season 3 isn't out on DVD yet. We'll figure something out, or start a new TV series that I own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home