Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The army came to town


I substituted for the computer teacher today. He also teaches a 7th grade social studies class. The first class ended up watching some of Dennis the Menace. No matter how many times I've seen that movie, I still chuckle at the funny parts. The second class was in the middle of a made for TV movie, when they were interrupted to go play in the army semi-truck that came to school today. On this truck the army has equipment valued at over 2 million dollars. There is a tank and helicopter simulator. There is a laser gun target practice, and other fun stuff that the kids got to play around with. They just started taking a state required aptitude test, so this was a nice treat for them. One of the soldiers said that the toys were part of the army recruitment resources they had at their disposal. For those interested the army recruitment headquarters is at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. After I got home, I didn't really do anything the rest of the night. I just couldn't get motivated to do a whole lot. We are in a tornado watch until 11 p.m., so hopefully nothing severe will pop up. I think it is going to be a dangerous tornado season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home