Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Winter Wonderland


Well, we are iced in tonight, and looks like we will be for the next week or so. The weathermens' forecasts were right this time. I was hoping they would be wrong, but that didn't happen. It was my Saturday to work, so my dad was nice enough to drive me since I didn't want to get my car out on the ice. There was only one tree down in our gravel road, but we had enough room to drive around it. In Richland, a lot of people were without power, including my grandparents. However, the bank had power, but we kept running into computer problems. We ended up closing at 10:30 instead of the usual noon time. Crews were busy cutting down limbs/trees that were on the power lines throughout town. My grandpa lost the top out of his nice shade tree, so he'll have a hard time staying cool in the coming summers. At least it didn't land on the house like other homes did. There were several car causalities. And the bad part is, we are supposed to get freezing rain on and off until Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home