Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Playing Hooky


My brother decided to come home instead of going to Germany for his R&R. Since he had an eye appointment today, I decided to use some of my sick leave to take him to the appointment. We had a very nice day. He chose to eat at McDonald's (wouldn't have been my first choice). We had some time to kill before the appointment, so we drove out to Bennett Springs State Park. As the name suggests there is a spring. The park is well known for trout fishing and its hatchery. You can feed the fish in the hatchery, which is what I did while my brother watched. We went to the park store, where I found a cute pair of rose earrings. I enjoy spending time with him, and will miss him when he goes back.

Tonight I watched the results show for Dancing with the Stars. I thought for sure Sara Evans would be going home, but I was wrong again. I'm just glad Jerry survived another week. While he can't dance, he sure is funny and has a fun time trying to dance. I don't know how much longer he will last, but I will keep rooting for him as long as he remains.

I'll close by wishing a friend a Happy Belated Birthday. She finally caught up with me and ushered in her quarter of a century year. Until next time.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home