Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Spring Cleaning: Better Late than Never


Since there was a break in the hot weather, I decided to start cleaning on the garage. There is hardly any floor space anymore, because everyone just throws down anything and everything. At first glance the task looked overwhelming, so I just picked a corner and started cleaning. Halfway through it looked as if I was making a bigger mess, but now you can actually see a difference. There is a lot more work to be done and a lot more treasures to find (depending on my definition of treasure). Maybe someday it will be clean enough to fit a car in or set a quilting machine up.
Finally after numerous job interviews and let-downs, I got a call today telling me I was hired. I start as a bank teller tomorrow. If you would have asked me what job I pictured for myself, bank teller would be no where on my list. I do business at this bank, and was talking to a friend who works there. He asked what I'd been doing, and I said looking for a job. Well, there just happened to be a vacancy, so I filled out an application. I'm pretty good at following the signs the universe lays in my path, so I didn't pass this opportunity up. It was a good thing. This means less than a 10 minute commute back and forth, and decent pay for a small town. It can't be all that hard to give and take money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home