Never a Boring Day

The world is my oyster.

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Drag Races



I spent the weekend doing something I really love to do. I went to the NHRA Drag Races in Madison, Illinois outside of St. Louis. My dad has a camaro that he drag races at a little track, but Madison is where the big boys and girls come out to play. When the top fuel rails go by at 300 mph plus, you can feel the bleachers vibrate. This year we had really good parking. One of my dad's friends works for a motor and parts company that is always at these events, so he was able to hook us up with tickets and parking in the pit area. We set halfway down the track, so we had a pretty good view of the races. I had a really good time walking around and looking at the cars. On Sunday I was even able to get my picture taken with John Force, one of the top Funny Car drivers, and Erica Enders. Disney made a movie about her junior drag racing days, but now she runs with the big boys and girls. I also like the fact that more women are making names for themselves in this sport. Even though it was a long, hot, and tiring weekend, it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home